Obesity Prevention and Nutrition
Physical Activity/Activity-Friendly Communities
- Voices for Healthy Kids: a joint initiative between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the American Heart Association. Provides data, reports and tool kits related to healthy school food, healthy drinks, food access, access to healthy spaces. Active Kids Out Of School and Active Places.
- Active Living Research: offers data and policy tools and resources to help create communities that are activity friendly. The website contains data collection tool kits, research summaries and educational webinars, presentations, and videos.
- Kids Health from Nemours: provides a wide variety of child health information. The website has four strands for different audiences: Parents, Kids, Teens and Educators. The site offers information about nutrition, fitness and child behavior/mental health
- American Academy of Pediatrics Healthy Active Living for Families: provides interactive tools and other outreach materials for agencies to use to promote healthy and active lifestyles with families.
- National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education: Caring for Infants and Toddlers in Early Care and Education (I/T), and Environmental Health in Early Care and Education
- The National Academies of Sciences Engineering Medicine Institute of Medicine: offers an action guide on screen time for children.
Safe Sleep Practices
- National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education: shares safe sleep practices and SIDS/suffocation risk reduction tactics for ensuring safe sleeping conditions for infants.
- Supporting Children Who Are Experiencing Stress: Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA) tip sheet that gives child care providers insight on what stress may look like and how to respond to it. Also available in Spanish.
- Social Media Share Kit: so that you can share useful resources on your various social media channels.