Initial Training and Education

As with any industry, the child care profession requires owners and staff to have the proper training in order to provide high quality services. Your state may have certain training requirements that you will need to meet before you obtain your license or before your staff begin working with children.  

  • Education

    For child care owners, directors, and staff, it can be helpful (and in some states required) to have a degree or credential in an early childhood-related field. Whether or not it is required, advancing your education can help you provide quality child care and is an important characteristic of high-quality programs. If you choose to have your program pursue national accreditation or participate in your state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS), you or your staff may need to have higher levels of education.  

    There are different ways you can continue your education in the early childhood field. Contact your local CCR&R to learn more about different programs in your area that can help you or your staff earn your Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or child development. You can also check with local and online colleges and universities that offer degree programs in child-related fields. 

CCA Logo/Homepage link
Military Families

Military Families