We are excited to introduce a new program authorized by the United States Army and administered by Child Care Aware® of America! The Non-Traditional Care (NTC) Program provides child care for members of the Army National Guard and United States Army Reserve during weekend drill trainings.
Care is provided in quality centers and family child care homes in the following states: California, Florida, New York, Texas, New Hampshire, Ohio, Massachusetts, Washington, Virginia and New Mexico.
- Eligibility Requirements
- State licensed family child care home or center
- Copy of current child care liability insurance of at least $500,000 general aggregate
- Availability from 6am- 6pm on Saturday and Sunday during military drill weekend
- Supporting Documents Needed
- NTC Provider Application / Solicitud de proveedor de cuidado infantil no tradicional
- Current state child care license
- Proof of $500,000 liability insurance
- A copy of your most recent state licensing inspection
- Completed W9 and EIN certificate, if applicable
- How long does the application process take?
Once the NTC Provider Team receives all required provider documentation, the file will move to final review. The final review process can take up to 3 business days. Once your facility is an approved NTC provider and there is a confirmed need for care in your area, your contact information will be sent to the waitlist family/families and they will connect with you/your facility to reserve care and complete any necessary paperwork needed (i.e. documents needed for licensing purposes).
- How often do I need to update my application/file with Child Care Aware® of America?
At a minimum, application documentation needs to be updated annually. Dependent on state licensing schedules and required provider documentation, Child Care Aware® of America may reach out to providers more frequently.
- How much does the Army pay?
1 Child – $16.00 per hour
2 Children – $25.00 per hour
3 Children – $33.00 per hour
4 Children – $40.00 per hour
5 Children – $50.00 per hour
6 Children – $60.00 per hour
- How do payments work?
All fee assistance payments will be processed directly to the provider and processed in accordance with the Service Member’s program policies, dependent on submission of completed attendance sheets.
Child Care Aware® of America does not guarantee any payments until a final approval certificate has been sent to both the parent and provider. It is the responsibility of both the parent and provider to review all approvals made by Child Care Aware® of America for accuracy and report any inaccuracies to Child Care Aware® of America as soon as possible.
- How to Apply
To apply to be an approved NTC Provider, please complete the NTC Provider Application / Solicitud de proveedor de cuidado infantil no tradicional packet in its entirety and submit all supporting documents via email, fax, or mail at the contact information provided below.
Child Care Aware® of America
1515 N Courthouse Rd, 3rd FL
Arlington, VA 22201
**For any questions on documentation eligibility, call us at 1-888-270-1086 option 3 or e-mail NTCprovider@usa.childcareaware.org