PLEASE NOTE – Currently, there is a waiting list for EFM Respite Care
What is Navy EFM Respite Care?
Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC), Child & Youth Programs contracts with Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA) to administer Exceptional Family Member (EFM) Respite Care. This program is available as a benefit to Navy families who have a child enrolled in the Navy Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) and meet the prescribed eligibility criteria. Caring for children with special needs is full time job which is physically and emotionally challenging. EFM Respite Care provides parents the opportunity to rest and rejuvenate with peace of mind, knowing their children will be well cared for.
Please be advised that Navy EFM Respite Care is not an entitlement program and is subject to the availability of funds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Where is the program available?
Navy EFM Respite Care is available throughout the United States.
- Who is eligible for EFM Respite Care?
Navy families will be eligible for the EFM Respite Care if the following criteria have been met:
- The Sailor is active duty or Reservist on active duty orders.
- The Sailor is currently enrolled in the Navy’s Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP).
- The Sailor has a child currently residing with him/her, enrolled in EFMP, birth through 18 years, and assigned category 4 or 5.
- What if I have additional questions about EFM Respite Care?
Click here for a full list of FAQs.
- How is my family added to the waiting list?
Parents, please read the following steps to request your family to be added to the waiting list.
Parents, please follow the steps below:
- Step One: Create an account and household profile on MilitaryChildCare.com
All Active Duty and Reservist on Active Duty interested in placing their child(ren) on the Navy’s waiting list for EFM Respite Care must create an account and household profile on MilitaryChildCare.com. If you do not create a profile on MilitaryChildCare.com, your child(ren) will not be placed on the waiting list.
- Step Two: Complete and sign the Certification of Eligibility for EFM Respite Care
All Active Duty Navy families must complete, sign and return the Certification of Eligibility (links below) after you create your account and household profile in MilitaryChildCare.com. You can email this form to NavyEFMPRespite@usa.childcareaware.org or fax to 571-255-4881.
- Step Three: Confirmation of your family’s information
Once CCAoA receives the Certification of Eligibility, a specialist will verify your family on MilitaryChildCare.com. If both steps One and Two are complete, the specialist will email a confirmation that your family was added to the EFM Respite Care waiting list.
If steps One and/or Two are not fully complete, the specialist will contact you to review what information is still needed.
If you do not receive a response from CCAoA, please call us at 800-424-2246.