CCAoA recently launched this new initiative to support the entire child care community — CCR&Rs and other system-level leaders, providers, families and employers — during the COVID-19 crisis, and beyond.
In the midst of funding and supply challenges compounded by COVID-19, the Center will provide training, technical assistance and resources to:
- Assist CCR&Rs and other state leaders in understanding the needs of and supporting child care programs now, during, and after the pandemic
- Enhance CCR&Rs’ abilities to respond to COVID-19 and demonstrate their strength
- Equip child care providers with information about financials supports and business operations, and connect them with CCR&Rs
- Assist families in accessing financial supports, making informed child care choices, and connecting with CCR&Rs
- Work with CCR&Rs to connect essential businesses and their employees to available licensed child care programs
- Assist employers with emergency and other child care needs
The new Emergency Child Care & Technical Assistance Center™ will build on our existing services to also offer:
- Virtual Professional Development and Personalized Technical Assistance
- Communities of Practice
- Hotline/Chat/Email support to providers and CCR&Rs
- Updates via Social Media/Podcast
- Easy-to-use Resources/Newsletter
The Center is still evolving, but many services — the COVID-19 Resource Hub, consumer education website, resources for families, technical assistance for CCR&Rs, chat and hotline — are up and running. We will provide more information as the Center evolves to serve the child care community.