Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA) works with individuals and financial advisors to accept gifts of stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and other publicly traded securities.
Achieve the benefits* of giving stock and appreciated securities:
- The market value of the gift may be tax-deductible, just like any other charitable contribution;
- Giving stock or securities has an additional tax advantage over a cash gift – you may avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation of the asset;
- This gift could increase the value of your contribution to CCAoA at a decreased cost to you; and
- You become our partner in shaping an equitable future for child care and early learning!
To make a gift of stocks or investments, please:
- Send the brokers email address to Giving@usa.childcareaware.org. Our team will share instructions on how to transfer stock directly to CCAoA’s brokerage account.
- Ensure that we correctly acknowledge you as the donor of the transferred securities, please also provide the following information:
- Donor name and contact information
- Name of the stock
- Number of shares
- Date of the stock transfer
If you or your client are interested in making a gift of stock or investment, please note our tax ID number is 94-3060756.
*Always consult with your tax advisor for specific tax information when giving securities, as certain limitations to deductions may apply.