Cindy Hodges, Tioga Early Childhood Development Center in Tioga, Texas, had a problem with birthday parties. They were frequent and always included unhealthy snacks and treats.
Find out how Cindy was able to learn to love celebrating birthdays at her center and still keep the kids eating healthy, too!
To carry forward our theme of celebrating providers who make a difference, Child Care Aware® of America partnered with the CDC and Let’s Move Child Care to recognize providers who are investing in their own health and modeling healthy habits for the children in their care.
We are pleased to announce the winners of our provider wellness appreciation contest:
- Jennifer Hockensmith, Hanover YMCA Early Learning Center, Hanover, PA
- Cindy Hodges, Tioga Early Childhood Development Center, Tioga, TX
- Tammy Kaiser, Temple Beit HaYam Early Childhood Learning Center, Stuart, FL
- Maranda Parker, White Birch Community Center, Henniker, NH
- Lesley Ryder, First Step Learning Center, Port Saint Lucie, FL