On October 1, 2014, the U.S. Air Force established a new requirement that community based child care providers serving Air Force children will be required to have an Advanced FBI Fingerprint Check and State Child Abuse and Neglect Registry Checks. This includes all employees working in the center or facility when children are present and all adults (Provider and anyone 18 years of age and older) working in the family child care home or residing in the home for 30 days or more.
Please select your state, for resources on fulfilling the background check requirement.
Phased in States
- Staff List & Background Check Verification Form
Download – PDF
Download – Word
- Military Provider User Licensing Agreement (ULA)
- November 24, 2014: Initial Background Check Requirement Notification Sent
- April 23, 2015: Introductory Webinar- Background Check Requirement Overview
- August 9, 2016: Phase Two Webinar- New York
- August 15, 2016: Phase Two Kickoff- New York
- November 30, 2016: Phase Three Webinar- Oklahoma
- December 7, 2016: Phase Three Kickoff- Oklahoma
- March 28, 2017: Phase Four Webinar- Maine and Nebraska
- April 3, 2017: Phase Four Kickoff- Maine and Nebraska
- As of April 1, 2019, policies to the U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force portion of the U.S. Military Fee Assistance Program have changed. Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA) will no longer offer the FBI Reimbursement Grant to child care providers participating in the background check requirement. All grant applications that were submitted prior to April 1, 2019 will be reviewed in order to determine whether they are eligible for reimbursement. If you have submitted a grant application to CCAoA, and have not requested processing of your request, you will no longer be eligible for potential reimbursement after December 31, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions (Download PDF)
Please feel free to contact us directly, should you have any questions.
1515 N. Courthouse Rd, 2nd Floor
Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: 1-800-424-2246 Option 4
Fax: (571) 255-4911